Spring Racing at Morphettville is fast approaching and this means tough outfit, makeup and hair decisions are about to be made. I don’t know about you but I have had some hairstyle disasters at previous race days thanks to unpredictable weather. Thanks to EVO Hair I’ve created three easy hairstyles to keep you looking perfectly put together all day, no matter what weather the day throws at you. I find it best to start every hairstyle with day old hair with a middle part and brushed out curls.
Hairstyle 1: Caulfield Cup Day – October 15th
Flirty and ladylike, perfect for Ladies Day.
- Separate the hair into three sections and then gather and secure the back section of hair into a low side ponytail, leaving the two medium sections of hair in front. Push a hair doughnut up the side ponytail.
- Wrap hair around the doughnut, including the sections at the front and secure it in place with bobby pins. Leave one small curl out of the bun to frame the face. Spray EVO's Shebang-a-bang Dry Spray Wax to hold my flyways in place and to prevent rain or wind from damaging the style.
- Take a flower clip and attach it onto the bun. A fresh flower is an alternative to a hat or millinery and you could wear this style with an off the shoulder top or dress for a Spanish inspired look.
Hairstyle 2: Cox Plate Day – October 22nd
This hairstyle and face veil combo is mysterious, chic and stylish.
- Gather hair into a smooth low pony and plait hair to the end.
- Wind the plait into a low bun, secure with bobby pins and smooth it with EVO's Shebang-a-bang Dry Spray Wax to weatherproof from rain and wind.
- Add a beautiful veil fascinator headband. It is sophisticated and classic and the sleek hairstyle is perfect if the weather turns bad.
Hairstyle 3: Victoria Derby Day – October 29th
A simple but elegant pony tail.
- Use EVO Haze Styling Powder to add some volume and randomly teased curls with a comb to make it look slightly messy and windswept.
- Gather the hair into a ponytail, smoothing over the top and secure with hair elastic.
- Take a piece of ribbon, and wrap it around ponytail and let it hang down.
You can buy these products and more from evohair.com.au for your next race day hairstyle.